Stephanie Mae at IndieQuilter had this fun post on 10 reasons she loves quilting.
She includes things like
I am lined up with ALL of these!
When I think about my 10 reasons to love quilting, they overlap with her, but they aren’t exactly the same. So while I agree with those above, my own list of 10 is below.
- When I transform ideas into beautiful, useful objects, I feel powerful.
- I love the infinite variety of fabrics, in all their patterns and colors, with incredible subtlety and in-your-face POW! and everything in between.
- Mmm, the fabrics feel so good…
- I love the camaraderie of people who make stuff, like we’re all in this together.
- Quilting time is solitary for me, and I like working independently.
- When I quilt, I feel connected to my sister (who quilts) and to my mom (who could make anything) and even to my brother (who is a potter.)
- Jim is proud of me and what I do.
- As a quilter I’ve learned to take chances on things I’m not sure will work out. Usually no bad thing happens, which encourages me to take other risks in my life.
- As a quilter I’ve stretched my intellectual abilities while designing both simple and complex quilts.
- As a quilter, I’ve learned more about U.S. history than I ever learned before. Quilting has brought me that, as well.
Why do you love quilting? Share with us here or on your own blog. And THANKS, Stephanie, for being an inadvertent ring-leader on this!