After a productive January, my energy level fell off at the beginning of February. February has historically been my least favorite month, and the continuing cold this year hasn’t improved my opinion at all.
No pressure, right? I don’t do this for pay, either the quilting or the writing. No one will fire me if I don’t produce. So rather than push too hard, I decided to coddle myself.
I did get a few things done. The mock-Amish baby quilt is finished. Once I’ve shown it at my guild meeting this month, I’ll send it off to The Girl and her husband.
And I managed to make a 4.5″ block for my small group’s round robin. It will be the center block for mine.
My round robin Triangles quilt and the Mexican embroidery quilt are labeled and hanging.
I’ve moved along the green and brown Medallion Sew-Along sample. I should finish the top today. Once I get agreement (from all the competing voices in my brain) on how to do the back, I can make that and quilt it.
And I have a much better idea how to do the next part of the Tree of Life sample.
So what’s still on my UFO list?
1) Green and brown Medallion Sew-Along sample: finish top, make back, etc.
2) Harlequin medallion: make back, quilt, bind, label, hang in dining room
3-5) Medallion Sew-Along samples: XOXO; African fabrics; Tree of Life panel
6) 6-pointed star: assemble points and decide on a setting, go from there…
7) Crayon blocks from Outer Banks 2009: divide them into 3 or 4 sets, sash, quilt, etc.
8) John Deere project with granddaughter: schedule time with her…
My top priorities for March are the first three, and a project to start for a friend.
There are plenty of other things to work on, also. My life is full. 🙂
How does your project list look? What’s your top priority for March?